How to know which operating system is running on my computer?
There are lot of methods to know what operating system you are using. All the methods we have mentioned below. Please follow one of them. The below instruction will guide you how to know your operating system. How to know the operating system of my computer?
Method1: to know the operating system
- Go to the “Start menu” or “Start screen” in the lower left corner of the screen and click on it.
- Do right click on Computer or My computer and then left click on Properties and a Window will pop up. This window contains information about your computer’s operating system. So, it is your operating system.
Other alternative ways to know your operating system.
Method2: to know the operating system
- Click on Start button in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Upon clicking it, you’ll see a box where you can input text.
- If there is no dialogue box, then look for the Run menu which should be just above the Start button and click on it.
- Considering there is a box where you can type in, then you should type Run in it and hit Enter.
- After clicking/launching the Run menu, make sure to type “winver” and then hit Enter. A window will pop up giving you all the info you need about your operating system.
Method3: to know the operating system
- Go to the Start menu in the lower left corner of the screen and click on it.
- Type Run in the dialogue box.
- Now type msinfo32 in the Run box and Hit Enter. This will bring up a Window that contains all the information you need to know about your operating system.
Method4: to know the operating system
- Click on the Start menu.
- Type Run in the dialogue box and hit Enter.
- You can also press windows key + R to access the Run menu.
- Type msinfo32 in the dialogue box that pops up.
- Hit Enter and a window will pop up containing information about your operating system, including the exact version installed on your computer, the service pack you may have installed and so forth.