HP Deskjet 1280 Driver Download
for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, 8.1, Windows 10, Server 2008, 2012, 2016, Windows server 2000, 2003, Mac OS 32-64Bit.
To Download Drivers:
Follow the following Instructions to download the drivers.
Step1: First, get the operating system info before download the drivers
Before download drivers you need to have the info about your operating system so that you can get download drivers according to your operating system.
- Get the “Operating system” and “System Architecture (system type)“.
If you don’t know how to do, click here to know, how to find “operating system” and “system type” in computer.
Step2: Download the drivers here
We have listed all the latest drivers for HP deskjet 1280 series printer here.
- Below, you can choose your “operating system” and “System Architecture” and then click on their Download link to download drivers.
- Click on the download link and choose where you want to download it on your computer.
- Click Save and wait until the download is complete.
HP deskjet 1280 Driver Download Links
- HP 1280 printer driver for Windows XP | Download Link (3.2 MB) Basic Driver
- HP 1280 printer driver for Windows XP | Download Link (33.7 MB) Full Feature Driver
- HP 1280 printer driver for Windows Vista 32bit | Download Link (7.8 MB) Basic Driver
- HP 1280 printer driver for Windows Vista 64bit | Download Link (7.8 MB) Basic Driver
- HP 1280 printer driver for Windows 7 32bit | Download Link Basic Driver
- HP 1280 printer driver for Windows 7 64bit | Download Link Basic Driver
- HP 1280 printer driver for Windows 8 32bit | Download Link Basic Driver
- HP 1280 printer driver for Windows 8 64bit | Download Link Basic Driver
- HP 1280 printer driver for Windows 8.1 32bit | Download Link Basic Driver
- HP 1280 printer driver for Windows 8.1 64bit | Download Link Basic Driver
- HP 1280 printer driver for Windows 10 32bit | Download Link Basic Driver
- HP 1280 printer driver for Windows 10 64bit | Download Link Basic Driver
- The Windows 7, 8, 10, drivers are the basic driver. So you will have to install it manually. We have made a video tutorial on how to install HP 1280 manually using .inf file. Please see the video tutorial.
- HP 1280 printer driver for Windows Server 2000 | Download Link (3.2 MB) Basic Driver
- HP 1280 printer driver for Windows Server 2000 | Download Link (33.7 MB) Full Feature
- HP 1280 printer driver for Windows Server 2003 | Download Link (3.2 MB) Basic Driver
- HP deskjet 1280 printer driver download for Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 32bit 64bit, Linux is not available for download. But you can use Widnows 7, 10 basic driver on server OS too, it should work. Or the drivers are inbuilt in these OS already. Do update your OS while connecting this printer with your computer.
- HP 1280 print and scan doctor utility for all windows | Download Link (10.6 MB)
- HP 1280 printer driver for MAC OS X 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, 10.4| Download Link (38.9 MB)
- HP 1280 printer driver for MAC OS X 10.5 | Click here >> Download Link (48.6 MB)
- Click here to go to official driver download page of HP deskjet 1280 Printer
How to Install HP deskjet 1280 printer manually using .inf driver file.
Windows 10 doesn’t support (Not compatible) HP deskjet 1280 printer. So, there is no driver for windows 10 OS, sorry.
HP deskjet 1280 Printer Description:
With the HP deskjet 1280 Printer, you can print on a multitude of media from thick card stock to standard stationary and make glossy photo prints. The printer can hold up to 150 sheets of paper and has a duty cycle of 5,000 pages per month. If you need to alter a document, you can reduce or enlarge it easily by using the printer’s Smart Software.
HP deskjet 1280 driver download and installation guide should be easy to follow when using the wizard. During this process you will download printer software and potentially uninstall then reinstall the driver (if you have attempted before). Please note that this will be the latest driver upgrade available and is driver compatible with Windows xp – 32bit, 64bit Windows vista – 32bit, 64bit Windows 7 – 32bit, 64bit Windows 8 – 32bit, 64bit and Windows 8.1 – 32bit, 64bit. This printer driver download may conflict with Mac OS X v10.6 Snowleopard, OS X v10.7 Lion, or OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion. Follow the next paragraph to download the HP deskjet 1280 Printer driver.
The link above will give you a step by step process to install your HP deskjet 1280 Printer Driver, but the process in general is pretty easy. Simply find your OS from the drop down list and click on the “download” button on the right. Once the download begins, a screen will pop up asking if you would like to save or open the file, please click save. When the download is complete, the installation wizard will walk you through the finalizing process.
For any driver issue go to HP Support Center or call HP customer support number.
To Install Drivers:
Follow the following Instructions to install printer
- Double click on the Driver package of your choice after it’s downloaded. The installation will extract the files required to begin.
- The installation will now begin, so walk the Wizard prompts to install the drivers.
- Accept the Installation agreements.
- Connect your printer to your computer when prompted to do so. (See below screenshot)
- Wait until detecting your printer.
- Click on Next, now your printer is detected here if you get green tick mark.
HP deskjet 1280 user’s queries:
Hi not too good at technology could you send me the drivers requested. Many thanks.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question if you don't see what you are looking for. It's Free
Question: please give me driver for window 7 32 bit asked by Cathleen
Answer: Windows 7 driver is not available for download. You have to update your windows while connecting the printer to the computer through USB cable. Make sure the printer is turned ON during the update.
We suggest you to please install the following basic drivers:
Question: I have a printer (HP Desk jet 1280) which is A3 Size and i want to install it on my laptop which is running windows 10 64 bit, so i have searched HP website and other websites to find it, but i could not find any drivers for the mentioned printer. please kindly help me and send the appropriate drivers to me as soon as possible. asked by Naweed
Answer: Sorry to say, but HP deskjet1280 Windows 10 driver is not available even on HP official website. We have checked on HP official website for its supported OS, whether the hp 1280 printer supports Windows 10 or not. We found that the printer doesn't support windows 10 OS. But you can try an additional driver option, through windows update driver.
Please see the screenshot below.
Try the following basic drivers once:
You will have to install this driver manually.
- Download HP 1280 basic driver for All Windows 32bit OS.
- Download HP 1280 basic driver for All Windows 64bit OS.
Click here to know how to install HP Deskjet 1280 printer driver on windows 10 using windows update.
Question: Hello, I don't get a driver for iMac os x 10.9.5 to print with HP Deskjet 1280 printer. Please help me out. Thanks. asked by Noushad
Answer: Sorry to say but there is no driver available for Mac OS version 10.9.5. Not available even on its official download page.
We advise you to use Mac 10.5 version driver for Mac 10.9.5; it should work. If it doesn't work, then you have to update your Mac OS to its latest 10.14 Mojave version. Make sure your printer should be connected and turned ON during the update.
Question: I had my very old, 2004, hp 1280 serial no CN4CK95128 running on my windows 7 64bit acer aspire z5763 but it needed major surgery and repair and needs complete reloading, only the printer to go. I had a big fight to get it working originally, 2012! I am not succeeding now, I have either lost or did not keep the download that worked. Can you help? Mary asked by Mary
Answer: Usually, the Windows 7 get the HP deskjet 1280 drivers automatically from microsoft.com when you connect it. But, if it doesn't work then try the following two methods.
- Step 1.1: Uninstall the printer driver from the device manager and then unplug the USB cable of the printer.
- Step 1.2: Reboot your computer.
- Step 1.3: After boot, connect the printer's USB cable. It should auto install the drivers. If this doesn't work then follow method 2.
- Step 2.1: Download the HP deskjet 1280 basic driver from this download link.
- Step 2.2: Install this basic driver on your computer manually. Watch a video tutorial on how to install HP 1280 driver manually on windows based computers.
Please let us know if you have any questions.