Home Steps to install a basic printer driver on Windows 10 computer.
- First of all, we need a Deskjet 1000 driver pack. Download the driver from the above-given download section. Note: Choose the same driver according to your operating system version.
- Unzip the downloaded zip file by right-clicking on it and click on “Extract to” option.
- Open the extracted folder.
- Select the path from the address bar.
- Copy the selected path.
- Now, Right-click on the start menu and click on settings.
- Click on Devices.
- Click on “Printers & Scanners” from the left-side pane.
- Then, click on “Add a printer or Scanner” plus icon from the right-side pane to add the printer manually. It’ll be searching for the printer & scanner automatically.
- Click on the option “The printer that I want isn’t listed.” It will open the add a printer wizard.
Note: This option (The printer that I want isn’t listed) only comes after some time when the computer failed to search the printer automatically.
- Choose the option “Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings.”
- Now, click on down arrow of the option “use existing port” and choose the port “USB001”, “USB002”, “Dot4_001”. Make sure you are using the same port where your printer is connected right now.
- Click on Next button.
- Now click on “Have Disk” button.
- Remove all the text from “Copy manufacturer’s file from” field.
- Do right-click on the field of “Copy manufacturer’s file from” and then left-click on the paste option.
- Click on OK button.
- After clicking on OK, you’ll get some drivers list, select the driver according to your printer model number. Then Click on Next button.
- Choose the option “Replace the driver” if the installation wizard asked. You may skip this option if it doesn’t ask in your case. Then click on Next button. Sometimes, it will prompt an option, “Use the driver that is currently installed” or “Replace the driver.”
- Click on Next again. Here it is asking the printer name. After clicking on the next button, it will start installing.
- Click on Next button once more. Here it is asking to share the printer to the network. Choose the option according to your desire.
- Click on “Finish” button. After clicking the finish button, your printer will install manually.