The Canon imageRUNNER IR 2420 all-in-one is a high performing photocopy machine designed for commercial use. This device efficiently combines the functions of multiple essential office peripherals into a single machine. The large display of this MFP makes it simple for the users to operate this device as it allows them to navigate through its multiple features.
The network capability of this multi-function printer allows users in your office network to access this machine as a central printing device. This monochrome laser printer has a smart space saving design so that offices with less workspace can easily install this machine. However, to fully utilize all the functions of this device you must install it by using its genuine Canon drivers.
In this driver download guide, we are sharing the Canon imageRUNNER IR 2420 driver download links for Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems. All the drivers shared below are genuine Canon drivers, which are fully compatible with their respective operating systems. If you don’t find on this page the driver or software you were searching for on this page, then we have also shared the instructions to download your preferred Canon IR 2420 software and driver directly from the Canon website. Along with the printer drivers, we have provided their installation instructions so that you can install your drivers properly.
Steps to Download Canon IR 2420 Driver
All the operating systems supported by this Canon printer have been mentioned in our OS list given below. Follow the steps given below to download your Canon imageRUNNER IR 2420 driver setup file.
- Choose the operating system from our OS list where you want to install this Canon laser printer.
- Click on the download button associated with your chosen OS version to start the download of your Canon printer driver.
Driver Download Links
- Canon IR 2420 driver for Windows XP (32bit/64bit) → Download (42.2 MB)
- Canon IR 2420 driver for Windows Vista (32bit/64bit) → Download (49.8 MB)
- Canon IR2420 driver for Windows 7 (32bit/64bit) → Download (43.9 MB)
- Canon IR2420 driver for Windows 8, 8.1 (32bit/64bit) → Download (43.9 MB)
- Canon IR2420 driver for Windows 10 (32bit/64bit) → Download (43.9 MB)
- Canon IR2420 driver for Windows 11 (32bit/64bit) → Download (43.9 MB)
- Canon IR2420 basic inf driver for Windows All (32bit) → Download (10.6 MB)
- Canon IR2420 basic inf driver for Windows All (64bit) → Download (11.6 MB)
Here’s a guide to learn how to install a printer driver manually using its basic driver.
- Canon IR2420 driver for Server 2008, 2012 (32bit/64bit) → Download (43.9 MB)
- Canon IR2420 driver for Server 2016, 2019, 2022 (32/64bit) → Download (43.9MB)
- Canon IR 2420 driver for Mac OS 11.x, 12.x → Download (61.9 MB)
- Canon IR 2420 driver for Mac OS 10.11 to 10.15 → Download (61.9 MB)
- Canon IR 2420 driver for Mac OS 10.10 → Download (61.4 MB)
- Canon IR 2420 driver for Mac OS 10.9 → Download (60.4 MB)
- Canon IR 2420 driver for Mac OS 10.8 → Download (54.1 MB)
- Canon IR 2420 driver for Mac OS 10.7 → Download (52.1 MB)
- Canon IR 2420 driver for Mac OS 10.6 → Download (85.2 MB)
- Canon IR 2420 driver for Mac OS 10.5 → Download (61.5 MB)
- Canon IR 2420 driver for Linux, Ubuntu → Download (179 MB)
Download Driver Directly from the Canon Website
In case, you didn’t find your preferred Canon driver or software for this printer from this page, you can download them directly from the official Canon website. To do so, you need to follow the steps given below in their correct order.
For our driver download links, we have already shared the UFRII drivers for this Canon printer. Therefore, we are going to share the download process for the PCL6 drivers of this printer.
- To download the driver directly visit the Canon imageRUNNER IR 2420 website.
- At the top of the page, you can choose to download between Drivers, Software, Firmware, etc. Since we have to download “Drivers”. We chose the Drivers section, click the ‘Down’ arrow to view the list of operating system versions supported by this Canon printer. From that list, choose your preferred OS version. We have chosen ‘Windows 10 (32-bit)’.
- List of all the drivers compatible with this operating system will appear on the page. Scroll through the list to find ‘PCL6 Printer Driver’ (or whichever driver you want to download). Then, click on the ‘Download’ button associated with it.
- Click on ‘CLICK TO ACCEPT & DOWNLOAD’ button.
- Click ‘Save File’ to start the download.
- Although the steps given above describe the download process for the PCL6 driver of this printer, but you can follow the same steps with necessary alterations to download any other software or driver from the Canon website.
How to Install Canon IR 2420 Driver
In the printer driver installation guides given below we will describe the installation process for the Canon printer driver package and for the Canon printer INF driver file. Read the installation instructions which suits your needs and follow its steps in the correct order.
1) Install Canon IR 2420 Driver Using Driver Package
Here, we will describe the installation steps for the Canon imageRUNNER IR 2420 driver package. Although the installation process is in Windows 10 operating system, but you can follow the same steps for other Windows OS as well.
- Run the driver package and click on ‘Yes’ to accept the license agreement.
- Choose ‘Custom’ installation process and click ‘Next’ to continue.
- Click ‘Next’ to proceed.
- You can now see the list of printers supported by this driver. Choose ‘Canon IR 2420 UFRII LT’ from the list, then click ‘Next’ to proceed.
- Click ‘Add Port’ button to choose the connecting port for your printer.
- You can choose any port you like. We have chosen ‘Standard TCP/IP Port’. After choosing your port click ‘OK’. If you choose any a port other than TCP/IP, then move to the step 11 as rest of the installation process is same.
- As TCP/IP Printer Port Wizard appears, click on ‘Next’ to proceed.
- Enter ‘192.168.1.250’ in the IP Address field, then click Next to continue.
- Please wait as the TCP/IP port is detected.
- Click “Finish” to complete TCP/IP port wizard.
- Click “Next” to move ahead.
- Click “Start” to begin the installation of your printer driver.
- Wait as the printer driver gets installed on your computer.
- Click on “Finish” to complete the installation process.
- That’s it, you have successfully installed your Canon IR 2420 driver package.
2) Install Canon IR 2420 Driver Using INF Driver
If you want to install this Canon printer using its Canon imageRUNNER IR 2420 INF driver, then follow the installation steps given in our printer driver installation guide shared below. Our guide describes in simple steps the right method to install the Canon INF driver file.
The Canon laser printer uses one black (0384B006AA) toner cartridge which can print up to 8,300 pages per cartridge.
Questions & Answers
.......... No FAQs Found .........