Epson WorkForce WF-3640 Driver Download
for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 11 32-bit 64-Bit, Server, Linux.
Epson WorkForce WF-3640 is a colored copier that uses the latest printing technology to make sure you’ll get a fast print speed and excellent quality output. Printing, scanning, copying and faxing are the main functions of this printer. You can print directly from the USB drive / SD cards as well.
To use all its functionality on your computer, you’ll have to install the Epson WorkForce WF-3640 full driver pack. Although you can download the same drivers directly from the Epson website, we are providing the same download link in one click for your convenience only. Although the basic driver pack is also available for download, it does not include any software, only drivers. Along with the drivers, you’ll also get installation tips on how to properly install the Epson WF3640 driver properly. Please follow the download and installation methods below. Click to go to the download section.
Steps to download Epson WorkForce WF-3640 driver
Follow the following Instructions to download the drivers.
Step1: First, get the operating system info before download the drivers
Before downloading drivers, you need to have the info about your operating system so that you can get the downloaded drivers according to your operating system.
- Get the “Operating system” and “System Architecture (system type)“.
If you don’t know what to do, click here to know how to find “operating system” and “system type” in computer.
Step2: Download the drivers here
We have listed all the latest drivers for the Epson WorkForce WF-3640 series printer here.
- Below, you can choose your “operating system” and “System Architecture” and then click on their Download link to download drivers.
- Click on the download link and choose where you want to download it on your computer.
- Click Save and wait until the download is complete.
Epson WF-3640 Driver Download Links
- You can download the same drivers directly from Epson wf3640 official download page.
Update: We have added Epson WF-3640 windows 10 drivers to the below download list. You can now easily download drivers for win 10 as well. If you have upgraded your windows from windows 7 or 8 to 10 and your WF 3640 printer has stopped working, it means you have to uninstall the older driver and install the newer windows 10 version drivers on that.
Supported operating systems
All major operating systems and their various versions are fully supported by Epson WorkForce WF-3640 drivers. The operating systems are:
- Windows XP 32-bit
- Windows Vista 32-bit
- Windows Vista 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit
- Windows 7 64-bit
- Windows 8 32-bit
- Windows 8 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 32-bit
- Windows 8.1 64-bit
- Windows 10 32-bit
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Windows 11 64-bit
- Mac OS X versions 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12/10.13/10.14/10.15/11.x/12.x/13.x Ventura.
It is important for you to download the appropriate printer model number driver. Trying to install the wrong model number could lead to several complications.
How to install Epson WorkForce 3640 driver
After you have downloaded the driver, you need to follow two simple steps to install it on your computer. This installation process is the safest option for installing the Epson WorkForce WF-3640 driver because you have the option to scan the driver for viruses before the executable file can make any changes to your computer.
- Double-click the executable file. The program will ask for administrator permission. If you have an administrator password, type in the password, otherwise, just provide the confirmation so that the driver installation can start.
- After you have provided the confirmation, just follow the instructions on your screen until the completion of the driver installation.
Click here for a detailed step-by-step guide on how to install this printer.
- If you are having any problems installing the printer on your computer, then try to restore the Epson 3640 printer to its factory default settings.
Epson’s official video tutorial to set up this 3640 printer on Wireless Network
Option1: Install drivers using its driver CD
Install drivers for the Epson WorkForce WF-3640 printer using a CD wizard:
- Turn on the printer by pressing the power button on it.
- Load the driver CD that came with your printer into your computer’s CD drive.
- The AutoPlay window will pop-up and prompt you to Install or run the program from your media.
- Click on Run or execute the file named Autorun.exe.
- Windows will ask you if you want to open the installer at which point you should click on Yes.
- Before the installation can continue, you need to review the agreements and then click on the checkbox next to “I have reviewed and accepted the installation agreement“.
- You’ll now be prompted to click Next to begin installing the Epson WorkForce WF-3640 printer drivers. The Installer will copy files from the CD and transfer them to your computer.
- A menu with a few choices will appear, so make sure you choose the way you want to connect the printer to your computer.
- Choose to either connect it through a wireless network, a wired network or using a USB cable.
- A window will then appear asking that you connect one end of the USB cable to your printer and the other to your laptop/computer.
- Your computer will find the printer (automatically) and then continue/next with the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, the installer will notify you about it.
- A window will appear saying the software was successfully installed, Click Finish.
Option 2: Install drivers without driver CD
Install drivers for the Epson WorkForce WF-3640 printer and Installation package:
You can install printer drivers even if you have lost your printer drivers CD. You can install the Epson WorkForce WF-3640 printer without the CD (disk.
- Go to Epson WorkForce WF-3640 official website and click on the Download drivers button.
- Enter your printer name in the Find My Product box.
- A series of results will appear, so make sure you select your specific printer model by clicking on it
- Choose your operating system that matches your version of Windows.
- Choose either the Basic Driver or Full Feature Driver. The Basic Driver package includes all the basic files required to use the printer. The Full Feature package includes extra software, such as maintenance programs, utilities and even photo editing apps. You can download the driver directly: Driver Download links are also given on this page, you can download it directly from here. Scroll above to find the driver download link.
Then follow the below given instructions to install Epson WorkForce WF-3640 driver
- Click on the driver package and choose where you want to download it on your computer.
- Click Save and wait until the download is complete.
- Double click on the Driver package of your choice after it’s downloaded. The installation will extract the files required to begin.
- The installation will now begin, so walk the Wizard prompts to install the drivers.
- Accept Installation agreements.
- Connect your printer to your computer when prompted to do so.
- Click Finish to finish installing the drivers.
Option 3: Install driver manually using its basic driver
Install drivers for the Epson WorkForce WF-3640 printer through “Add a printer” (Manually):
- Go to Start, Locate the Control Panel on the right and click on it.
- Go to Hardware and Sound.
- Under Devices and Printers, click on Add printer.
- Choose Add a local printer if you don’t have a USB printer listed on the list. That’s because Windows installs USB printers automatically as you plug them in.
- Choose the port of the printer.
- Choose your printer from the list (including brand and model) and click Next. If you can’t find your printer drivers on this default list then you have to download the drivers first and then extract them from the temp folder then give that temp folder path in this “add a printer” installation wizard. Click on Have a disk to choose a driver manually from their extracted location.
- Extract printer drivers. Usually, drivers are automatically extracted into the temp folder path: %temp%. Some drivers are automatically extracted in a C drive or another path, depending on the printer brand.
- The printer package extracts the driver’s file in the temp folder. Usually, it is extracted in a temp folder.
- After clicking on “Have a disk“, type “%temp%” in path field and then click on “browse“
- Browse will bring you to the temp folder. Here, choose the package extracted folder and open it.
- Now choose the file named “Autorun.inf” and open it. The file name may vary, but the extension should be the same “.inf“.
- After clicking on “Open”, you will be brought back to the “Install from disk” menu with the full path. Click on OK now to get drivers.
- Now, click on NEXT
- If you get below screen, then you have to choose the second option (replace the current driver)
- Click on Next
- Choose this option as per your requirement if you would like to share your printer with another computer or not. Then click on NEXT.
- Choose the option to “set your printer as default” and then click Finish.
Epson 3640 Uninstallation
Although the process of driver installation is simple and easy, the complication could arise and you might need to uninstall the driver.
- Open “Control Panel” and select the option “Program and
- Features.” Here you can clearly see the complete list of all the programs that are installed on your PC.
- Click on “Epson WorkForce WF-3640.” You will get the option to uninstall, change or repair the program. Click on “Uninstall.”
- The program will ask for administrator permission. Provide permission and follow the instructions to complete the uninstall process.
Epson WorkForce WF-3640 is a true workforce printer. However, you need to install it properly on your computer to get the best performance. The information given above will educate you about the Epson WorkForce WF-3640 driver, which is necessary for its proper installation.
How to use Copy, Scan, and Fax features in Epson 3640 machine
- Manufactured By: Epson
- Model Number: Epson WorkForce WF-3640
- Supported OS: Windows xp, vista, 7, 8, 8.1, Server 2003, 2008 and MAC PCs
- Driver Type: Driver & Software Package
- Link Type: Direct
- USB Port: Yes
- Scan Feature: Yes
- Copy Feature: Yes
- Fax Feature: Yes
- Wireless Feature (Wi-Fi): Yes
There are two paper trays for different papers, and you can choose which tray the paper comes from. It ensures efficient performance and excellent printing results when the proper drivers are used.
This page contains a step-by-step driver download and installation guide for the Epson WorkForce WF-3640 Driver Download for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, XP, Vista 32 bit 64 bit and Mac OS X.
Questions & Answers
Question: I had to reset my windows 10 and my printer information vanished
Answer: Click here to download the driver for Windows 10 64bit
Question: How can I connect fax function on my Workforce WF-3640.
Question: I don't know how to use my printer WF 3620-wf3640 it just stopped printing and now it says my printer driver cannot be found.
Answer: If you are getting this “driver not found” not the message, then it is a clear sound that your printer could not find the installed driver. In this case, we suggest you to re-install its driver manually. Uninstall the installed driver and re-install it by using this one driver.