The Canon PIXMA MG3650S all-in-one has been designed to deliver high quality photos and sharp text documents. This compact inkjet printer supports wireless connectivity, which means you can connect this device with other wireless devices and operate it from anywhere. The duplex printing feature of this printer and the optional XL cartridges will help you in reducing its printing costs. There are many more features of this multi-function printer which makes it an amazing machine, but to get the best performance from this device you must install it by using its genuine Canon drivers.
In this Canon driver download guide, you will get the Canon PIXMA MG3650S driver download links for the Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems. We have taken special care to share only genuine Canon printer drivers, which are fully compatible with their respective operating systems. For additional help, we have shared a download guide which explains how you can download any other Canon driver or software directly from the Canon website. If you have any driver installation doubts, then we have provided driver installation guides which will surely clear all your doubts. Also, you will find on this page, step-by-step setup guides to wirelessly connect this Canon all-in-one with your wireless router and your smartphone.
Steps to Download Canon PIXMA MG3650S Driver
You can download the Canon PIXMA MG3650S driver setup file from this page by following the download steps given below.
- Locate the operating system in our OS list where you want to install your Canon printer.
- Click on the download link associated with your chosen OS version to start the download of your Canon driver file.
Driver Download Links
- Canon MG3650S driver for Windows XP, Vista (32bit / 64bit) – Download (48 MB)
- Canon MG3650S driver for Windows 7, 8.1, 10 (32bit / 64bit) – Download (48 MB)
- Canon PIXMA MG3650S driver for Mac OS 11.0 – Download (14.6 MB)
- Canon PIXMA MG3650S driver for Mac OS 10.10 to 10.15 – Download (10.9 MB)
- Canon PIXMA MG3650S driver for Mac OS 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 – Download (9.5 MB)
- Canon PIXMA MG3650S driver for Linux, Ubuntu – Printer (614 KB)/ Scanner (236 KB)
How to Download from Canon Website
On the Canon website you will find a wide-range of drivers, software and apps for the Canon PIXMA MG3650S all-in-one. Therefore, if you were unable to find on this page the driver or software that you were searching for this Canon device, then we are describing the download steps for downloading your preferred driver and software directly from the Canon website.
We have shared the full feature Canon drivers for this printing device on this page. Therefore, as an example, we will describe below the download steps to download the Canon PIXMA MG3650S XPS printer driver for the Windows 10 (32-bit) OS.
- Start by visiting the Canon PIXMA MG3650S official website.
- Select the content you want to download from drivers, software, apps, etc. Since, we want to download drivers, we will click on the ‘Drivers’ option.
- Click on the ‘Down’ arrow below the operating system field to view the list of operating systems. From this list, choose the OS version you prefer. We have chosen ‘Windows 10 (32-bit)’.
- You will see the list of drivers provided by the Canon for this all-in-one which support Windows 10 32-bit OS. In this list, locate XPS Printer Driver and click on the ‘Download’ button associated with it.
- Click on the ‘Download’ button to accept the software license agreement.
- Click on the ‘Save File’ button to start the driver download.
Although the download steps given above are for the Canon XPS printer driver, but you can follow the same steps with necessary alterations for downloading any other driver, software, app, etc. directly from the Canon website. Just select the category of app you want to download, choose your preferred OS version and follow the rest of the steps as they have been mentioned.
How to Install Canon PIXMA MG3650S Driver (USB)
You must install your printer driver by using its right installation method if you want to avail its best performance. Therefore, we have shared in this section two installation guides which clearly describe the installation steps for the Canon driver package and the Canon INF driver. Study the installation guide which suits your driver type and follow its instructions in the correct order to install your printer driver without making any mistakes.
1) Install Canon PIXMA MG3650S Using Driver Package
In this driver installation guide, we will describe the installation steps for the Canon PIXMA MG3650S driver package. The installation steps given below can be used for all the Windows operating systems.
- Double click the Canon driver package and wait for its files to extract on your computer.
- In the Welcome screen, click on the ‘Start Setup’ button to start the driver installation process.
- Wait as the installer acquires the necessary information for the driver and software installation.
- Select your ‘Region’, then choose your ‘Country’ and click on the ‘Next’ button to proceed.
- Accept the license agreement by clicking on the ‘Yes’ button.
- If you want to participate in the Canon Extended Survey Program, then click on the ‘Agree’ button. Otherwise, click on the ‘Do not agree’ button. Your choice will not affect the successful completion of the driver installation process.
- Wait for the installer to process the information.
- If during the driver installation any security application on your computer obstructs the driver installer from making any changes, then you should choose ‘permit’ or ‘allow’ so that installer can make the necessary changes. Click on the ‘Next’ button proceed.
- In the Connection Method window, choose the ‘USB Connection’ option and click on the ‘Next’ button to proceed.
- Wait for the installer to download the necessary drivers and software on your computer.
- Wait as the installer installs the drivers and software on your computer.
- Now, you should connect your Canon printer with your computer by using a USB cable and switch-on your printer. Then, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the driver installation process.
- After the successful installation of your full feature Canon PIXMA MG3650S driver you can start using your device for printing, scanning and copying documents.
2) Install Canon PIXMA MG3650S Using INF Driver
The installation steps for the Canon INF driver are different than the installation steps of the Canon driver package. Therefore, in the installation guide given below we have described the installation steps for the Canon PIXMA MG3650S INF driver. Read our guide carefully before you start the installation of your Canon INF driver.
How to Setup Canon PIXMA MG3650S through Wi-Fi (Wireless)
This Canon all-in-one supports Wi-Fi connectivity, which means you can connect this device wirelessly with your Wi-Fi router network. In this setup guide, we will describe the step-by-step process to wirelessly connect your Canon PIXMA MG3650S printer with your Wi-Fi router.
Before you start the setup process you should make sure that your Wi-Fi router is turned-on and ready to connect.
- Switch on your Canon printer by pressing the ‘Power’ button.
- Press the ‘Wireless’ button on the Canon printer control panel and hold it until the power LED starts blinking.
- Press the ‘Black Copy’ button on the control panel.
- Again press the ‘Wireless’ button and the blue LED on the front will start blinking. This means that your Canon all-in-one device is now ready to connect with another wireless device.
- Now, go to your Wi-Fi router and find the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button. Press and hold the WPS button on your Wi-Fi router for about 5 seconds and then release it.
- Now, get back to your printer. You will see that the Power LED (green) and Wireless LED (blue) lights are blinking. This is a sign that your Canon device is trying to connect with your Wi-Fi router.
- Once both the lights stop blinking it means your Canon printer has successfully connected with your Wi-Fi- router.
- After the successful connection of your Canon printer with your Wi-Fi router you can use any device connected to your Wi-Fi router network for sending print, scan and copy commands to your Canon PIXMA MG3650S device.
How to Setup Canon PIXMA MG3650S Using Smartphone
In this setup guide, we will describe the step-by-step process to connect your Canon PIXMA MG3650S printer with your smartphone. Although the setup process described below is for the Android phone, but you can use the same steps for iOS devices as well.
Before starting the setup process make sure that your Canon printer is switched-on and ready for use.
- Go to Google Play Store and search ‘canon print’. From the search results select ‘Canon PRINT Inkjet’ app and tap on ‘Install’ button.
- After the installation is completed. Tap on the ‘OPEN’ button to run the app on your smartphone.
- If you are using an Apple wireless device, then install the Canon printer app by going to the Apple App Store before moving to the next step.
- Go to the Canon printer control panel, press and hold the ‘Wireless’ button on the panel until the power LED (green) starts blinking.
- Press the ‘Color Copy’ button on the control panel.
- Press the ‘Wireless’ button and in few seconds the wireless blue LED will start to blink. This is a sign that your Canon device is now ready to connect with your phone.
- Go to your Android phone, tap on the ‘add printer’ icon on the top.
- In the Register Printer screen, tap on the ‘If Printer Cannot be Found’ button.
- Wait for the app to search.
- In the Setup options, choose ‘Auto Connection’ by tapping on it.
- Tap on ‘No’ to proceed as Canon MG3650S doesn’t have this button.
- Select the ‘Confirm that you prepared the printer’ checkbox and tap on ‘Next’ to continue.
- When asked for the permission to setup the Wi-Fi for your Canon PIXMA MG3650S printer, tap on the ‘OK’ button.
- Wait for the app to connect with your printer.
- App will by default choose the Wi-Fi router with which your smartphone is currently connected. If that’s the Wi-Fi router you want to connect your printer, then tap on the ‘Yes’ button.
- Enter the password for the wireless router and tap on ‘OK’ to proceed.
- Wait for the app to save the necessary information.
- When asked to send the settings to your printer. Tap on ‘OK’ to proceed with this action.
- Wait for the app to communicate with your printer.
- When the power (green) LED and wireless (blue) LED stop blinking, then it’s a conformation that your Canon printer is now connected with your smartphone.
- Once you have connected your Canon PIXMA MG3650S printer with your smartphone, then you can use the Canon printer app to send commands to your Canon MG3650S printer.
Canon PIXMA MG3650S Ink Cartridge
This Canon inkjet printer uses one Black and one Tricolor cartridge. The standard Black (PG-540) and Tricolor (CL-541) cartridges can print up to 180 pages per cartridge. While the high capacity Black (PG-540XL) and Tricolor (CL-541XL) cartridges can print nearly 600 pages and 400 pages respectively.