The Kodak Professional 8500 Digital Photo Printer is a high-quality, dye-sublimation printer that was designed for professional photographers and businesses.
It is capable of producing prints with a resolution of up to 300 dpi, and it uses a four-color printing process to produce vibrant, accurate colors.
The printer has a number of features that make it easy to use, including a large LCD screen, a USB port for connecting to a computer, and a built-in card reader for printing directly from a memory card.
It is compatible with a variety of media, including glossy and matte photo paper, as well as canvas and fine art paper. Overall, the Kodak Professional 8500 Digital Photo Printer is a reliable, versatile, and high-quality choice for anyone looking to produce professional-grade prints.
In order to fully utilize all the features of the Kodak Professional 8500 Digital Photo printer you must install its driver on your computer.
The printer works very well till Windows 7, after Windows 7 it won’t work with windows 8, 10, 11 OS. This printer is compatible with the 64bit OS and supports only a 32 bit operating system.
It is recommended to download the driver only from the official website. For your convenience, I am going to share the same driver download links in the download section given below.
I have only provided those Kodak Professional 8500 Digital Photo Printer Driver download links which will give you one-click access to the latest Kodak printer drivers for Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems. Along with the photo printer drivers, I have also shared their detailed installation guide so that you can install your drivers without any issues.
Let’s start by downloading the drivers first.
Steps to Download Kodak Professional 8500 Driver
All the operating system versions supported by this laser printer have been mentioned in our OS list given below:
Step 1: From our OS list, select the operating system where you want to install this digital photo printer.
Step 2: Click on its download link to get your Kodak Professional 8500 Digital Photo printer driver setup file.
Kodak Professional 8500 Driver for Windows
Kodak 8500 Printer Driver for Mac
Kodak 8500 Driver for Linux/Ubuntu
Download the driver directly from the Kodak 8500 Digital Photo Printer official website.
How to Install Kodak Professional 8500 Driver
In this section, I have provided the detailed installation guide for the full feature driver and basic driver (inf driver). Read the installation guide suitable for you and use its installation process to install the Kodak Professional 8500 Digital Photo printer drivers on your computer.
1) Install Kodak 8500 Digital Photo Printer Using Driver Package
If you have decided to install this digital photo printer by using its full feature Kodak Professional 8500 Digital Photo printer driver, then the installation guide shared below is for you. In this installation guide you will find the installation method for the Kodak Professional 8500 Digital Photo printer driver package on a Windows computer. Check out this article for a step-by-step guide: How to install a printer automatically using full feature driver
2) Install Kodak Professional 8500 Digital Photo Printer Using Basic Driver
In this installation guide, you will find the right method of installing the Kodak Professional 8500 Digital Photo printer basic driver on your computer. You can use the following installation process for all the versions of the Windows operating system.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button.
- In the Start Menu, choose the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- In the Devices and Printers window, click on the ‘Add a printer’ button.
- In the Add Printer app, click on the ‘Add a local printer’ option to proceed.
- In the Choose a printer port screen, choose the ‘USB’ port, then click on the ‘Next’ button to proceed.
- In the Install the printer driver screen, click on the ‘Have Disk’ button.
- Click on the ‘Browse’ button to give the location of the printer driver.
- In the browse window, go to the folder where you have extracted the driver files and locate the ‘EKdicom.inf’, then click on the ‘Open’ button.
- Make sure that the address of the driver folder is correct, then click on the ‘OK’ button to proceed.
- In the Install the printer driver screen, choose the ‘Kodak 8500’ from the printers list, then click on the ‘Next’ button.
- If you want you can change the name of your printer, otherwise, leave the default name unchanged, then click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Wait for the app to install the printer drivers on your computer, then follow the onscreen prompts to complete the driver installation process.
That’s it, you have successfully installed the Kodak Professional 8500 Digital Photo printer INF driver on your computer. You Kodak 8500 Digital Photo printer is now ready for use.
Kodak Professional 8500 Printer Features
The Kodak Professional 8500 Digital Photo printer is a great choice for home users who want to own a low-priced thermal dye sublimation printer.
The automatic document feeder feature of this printer ensures that you can print up to 50 photos without reloading paper in the input tray. Although the print speed of this printer is just 1 ppm, which is very low, but its print quality is really good.
This 8500 digital photo printer can be connected with your computer by using the USB and Parallel connectivity options.
Which ink is used in Kodak 8500 printer?
This Kodak digital photo printer uses one color ribbon (1328459) cartridge for printing.