Question: I have tried to hook up my Canon imageRUNNER 2420L printer on my computer through driver CD but it failed to install. Please tell me how to install this printer on my Windows 10 laptop.
Answer: Yes, most of time the driver CD doesn’t work on latest (upgraded/updated) operating systems. In this case, you’ll have to download its latest & full-feature driver from its official website. Alternatively you may download the same drivers from the download section given below. Both of the links I have shared below, please check it out.
In the download section, I have shared the Canon imageRUNNER 2420L driver download links for Windows 11, 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP (32bit / 64bit), Server 2000 to 2022, Linux, Ubuntu, and Mac 10.x, 11.x, 12.x, 13.x Ventura operating systems.
Main Features: The Canon imageRUNNER 2420L all-in-one printer is an ideal machine for busy offices. This monochrome laser printer can be connected to your computer by using its USB and Ethernet connectivity options.
Apart from the driver download links, I have also prepared & shared a step-by-step guide to install the drivers, check out the installation section as well. Let’s start the installation process by downloading the drivers first.
Steps to Download Canon IR 2420L Driver
Step 1: Choose your preferred operating system.
Step 2: Click on its download link to get your Canon imageRUNNER 2420L driver setup file.
Canon imageRUNNER 2420L Driver for Windows
Canon imageRUNNER 2420L Driver for Mac
Canon IR 2420L Driver for Linux/Ubuntu
Download the driver directly from the Canon IR 2420L official website.
How to Install Canon imageRUNNER 2420L Driver
I have shared below the detailed installation guide for the full feature driver and basic driver (inf driver), which you must read to proper install the Canon imageRUNNER 2420L printer drivers on your computer.
1) Install Canon imageRUNNER 2420L Printer Using Full Feature Driver
Here, you will find the steps to install the full feature Canon imageRUNNER 2420L driver on a Windows computer.
- Run the driver package file and wait for its contents to unzip on your computer.
- Go to the folder where you extracted the driver files in the above step and double click the ‘Setup’ file.
- In the Welcome screen, click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Click on the ‘Yes’ button to accept the license agreement.
- Choose ‘USB Connection’ option, then click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Click on the ‘Yes’ button.
- Wait for the driver files to install on your computer.
- Connect your Canon printer via USB cable and follow the instructions to complete the driver installation process.
You have successfully installed the Canon imageRUNNER 2420L driver package on your computer.
2) Install Canon imageRUNNER 2420L Printer Using Basic Driver
In the installation guide shared below, I have described the installation steps for the Canon imageRUNNER 2420L basic driver on a Windows computer. Check out the steps here: How to install a printer driver manually using basic driver (.INF driver)
Which toner cartridge is used in this printer?
This laser printer uses one black (C-EXV14) toner cartridge, which can print nearly 8300 pages.